Saturday 14 December 2013

ELMWOOD// Evaluation

THE ELECTRICIAN was a challenge to ‘Brand The Boring’. What I attempted to do here was provide a slightly different character to the profession. What is implied from the name is that of a character, either in a play or graphic novel. ‘The Electrician’ has one obvious role to play, and that is to be ‘The Electrician’. The name suggests that the person is a professional, at the top of their game. The Name is trustworthy. It also implies that they are the best electrician, with the notion that all other technicians are sub-par. In terms of design I think that the brief when quite far for the two days I had allocated it, with a well refined and subtle logo shown to work on a range of applications I am pleased with both the design and theoretical choices I have made. If I were to push this further I would have liked to develop more of a cult image for the electrician, given the character some more lore and mystery, this could have been achieved by the production of a short graphic novel about The Electrician, acting as a piece of entertainment and promotional material for the brand.

Sadly, due to my poor planning and terrible memory I never submitted this work to Elmwood, having travelled home without the files, which I had left at Uni. 

No comments:

Post a Comment