Wednesday 11 December 2013

NEWSPAPER// Evaluation

This has been a great brief, both in terms of the outcome and the way that we reached it. The design sprint was a huge help and I really do intend to use it again; hopefully in another collaboration because I really need the responsibility of ensuring that I am not letting anyone down to focus as much as I have done on this project.  Most importantly the design sprints focus on research and development, before we could start designing for real, really ensured we had all the knowledge and tools ready to put together the whole thing in only a week. It has been a great benefit working with Martin as his planning and timekeeping is great, and we have similar interests in satire as well as the topics we covered in the paper and our views on them. This ensured that the Ubergine has very consistent humour, we could make decisions and come to agreement on how to move forward with problems easily and this was a huge bonus. For me, the most important thing this year is to produce work that I would be happy to place in a portfolio, work that looks good, but more importantly is based on my interests. This is a brief I can talk about and be excited to talk about as well as one that was inspiring to work on. Moving forward it would be great to source original content for a project like this and get a real Ubergine out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment