Friday 24 January 2014

PROPAGATION HOUSE// Identity 4 Part 1

 Based on the typography from one of the posters I have been studying I have drawn out this logo by hand. The idea is to turn it into a vector logo and perfect it in Illustrator. This identity will hopefully resemble a kind of rock or folk style of hand drawn type. The other images in this poster show a step by step progression of the drawing turning into the final vector of the text.

Note the round 'P' becoming more squared off. this is to fit it in line with the rest of the type, especially the square 'O' and other characters with counters. Other changes involve the weights of the strokes that make up each character becoming more standardised most notable in the 't'.

The final adjustment I had to make was to ensure the letters sat on a sloped baseline. I drew out a line in illustrator that followed a path I wanted the characters to take and ensured that each one sat on this line.




No comments:

Post a Comment