Wednesday 29 January 2014

PROPAGATION HOUSE// Second Email to Client

Here is the second design email that I sent out to Mark and Marina at Propagation House.  
 
 
Hello!
I've put together a few more ideas for the new logo;
The first concept continues with the folk/ blues hand-drawn type idea from before, there are several elements within the logo (like the lightning and circles) which can be removed or altered, but this is the 'most busy' version of this concept. I've also added a small 'established' mark separated by a simple interpretation of your older logo for the 'heritage' aspect. (I put 1996, I don't know if this is correct and can be changed). The interesting thing about this one is the balance between a hand drawn aesthetic and its conversion into a digital vector drawing, if you think the lines could be straighter and the image sharpened up that is possible, alternatively the lines could be given a more 'lo fi' quality for a more folky, creative style.

Inline images 1

The second idea I have been working on has a more modern aesthetic and leans more towards a rock audience. The idea here is to have a stronger, heavier identity with a similar feel to some of the studio websites Mark and myself looked through a few days ago. The broken up blocky style comes from the necessity of spelling out such a long name, avoiding repetition of the exact same shapes to give a more dynamic range in the lettering. The circular shape on the right separates the two words and also acts as the Sun or the Moon rising over a countryside setting creating a silhouette of the studio. The chimney smoke is interpreted here as a lightning rod illustrating the nature of the work going on inside the building. I've included a range of colours for this one because they give a very different tone of voice to the design that you may be interested in seeing.   

Inline images 4

I have also put together these two images to show the two vectors in a different setting. The purpose is to just illustrate their usage in a real life setting, for example a gig poster.

Inline images 5Inline images 6
Thanks again for having a look through these, I hope they are closer to what you are looking for. As always I can edit and change these, or start with some new ideas too!

Luke


P.S.I just though it might be useful to put this image in the email, it shows some of the ideas I have ended up with. Could be useful to see all of the outcomes on the same page.

Inline images 7

No comments:

Post a Comment