Thursday 23 January 2014

PROPAGATION HOUSE// More Gig Posters

Having gotten to know Mark, the client, a little better over the last few months I have began to formulate ideas of how I would begin to create an entirely new visual identity.

Given the subject of the brief is to design the identity for a recording studio that focused on rock and folk acts, I have started studying aspects of graphic design which are most commonly associated with rock and folk music; the gig poster.

In addition to this being a useful place to start in terms of beauty in design it also serves a more commercial purpose; as the recording studio seeks to attract new acts it would make great sense to work with a visual identity that may seem attractive to musicians.

The overwhelming majority of these posters feature a hand drawn type title and an illustrated or heavily modified image. This should influence the way that I develop my new identities for the studio moving forward.

These are all more modern posters than the first set and will be more suitable at illustrating modern ideas and styles. Again I am focusing mainly on the colours and typography used because I am sure now that Mark would like a fully type based logo with the full name 'Propagation House' used. I just have to find a way to present that style.











No comments:

Post a Comment