Wednesday 5 March 2014

DIALOGUE// Crimea Poster Dev

 As I have written in my research post the Russian saying 'Nothing Disappears, Only Changes'. The aim of this quick idea for the Dialogue exhibition is to reflect on the recent actions of Putin and the Russian government and their handling of the situation is Crimea, as well as other things like gay rights and free elections. The notation of the saying is that nothing ever changes. The idea that the Russian rulers are no better than they were during the soviet era and no better than during the monarchical rule before that. I got the phrase from a list of phrases that I wanted to find, but also from a tweet from a Russian girl who also posted a picture of Dimitry Medvelev as a Russian Tsar, and image I have posted before.

These Images are simple development images showing the process of choosing a sutible typeface and decorating to a minimal effect.

I chose to use Century Schoolbook in the end. One of my favourite serif fonts it is both modern and classical in style, relating back to the phrase that nothing ever changes.














No comments:

Post a Comment