Tuesday 11 March 2014

DIALOGUE// Evaluation

The two artworks I have created will be submitted to the  Dialogue exhibition and if one is picked to be printed it will be paired off with another submission by another designer or artist. The two artworks will then be layered and screenprinted in a range of colours by Eve Warren and Nathan Bolton.

As a test to see how my work would come out if selected, I mocked up this image of my two submissions. If I have the time it would be great to print this myself in the future, I feel it gives a very short snapshot of how I am reacting to the news and the state of the world as I understand it at this moment. In fact it would be a fascinating personal project to do one a year and see how my tastes and outlook change over time.

I think the final outcomes are perfect for what the exhibition is all about; asking questions and making statements that could be interpreted in a range of ways, ultimately striking up dialogue with the viewers. The submissions are also a good mix of social and political commentary, topics I was eager to complete at least one brief on this year. In terms of design they are fairly simple, however I find that they are entertaining to look at and try to interpret, most importantly, they actually communicate ideas of my own rather than being simple patterns and colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment