Monday 12 May 2014

COP BOOK// Book Research

 I've been looking at a few books from the library recently trying to find out how I can display so many images in a nice way and fit in text that complements the image.

I've gone back to a book that I was looking at for the 'To The Moon' brief because I remembers the great way that it dealt with large images at the same size I want to create my cop book at. 

Since most of the content for the book will be sourced from images I have already collected more of the research element of this brief is focused on looking at ways in which I can format this publication.

So the books I have been looking over, Firstly ‘The Universe in 365 Days’, which has an very wide format layout. The second ‘Select’ was interesting for its use of images and colour on every page.

Both books use a very unique layout, elements of which I plan on using in my publication. The most noticeable is the Universe book which uses one image per page, with a block of text to support said image. From ‘Select’ I aim to use their approach to colour coding each page in relation to its contents.


No comments:

Post a Comment