Wednesday 14 May 2014

COP BOOK// Image Collection

 This is just a small sample of the images that I have collected for my COP book. The plan is to give each image its own page, a title and a short description. The use of the book with then be to display the images for inspiration and personal interest. The idea is that the book will be for me to look through, and as a time capsule for things that I am interested in right now.

I have placed the images into rough groups (not seen here, thanks blogger):
-Barnbrook.
-Early Interest. 
-War Comics.
-Colors.
-Private Eye.
-Signs.
-Horror Posters.
-DPRK Posters.
-Propaganda.
-Graphic Dissent.
-Earth.
-Infographics.
-My Room.
-Microbiology.
-Alternative Posters.
-Science Fiction.
-Space Exploration.
-Record Sleeves.

This may grow as I put the book together however I am trying to limit the publication to 200 pages so I will have to be picky about what I choose.

Collecting the content for this publication was a fairly easy task. Most of it was already easily accessible to me, either as files save onto my computer, scanned in from books or found around my room.

Below are just a few of the images that I had used in the publication. They represent graphic design and inspiration that I find in a range of topics from pure design to politics to space. 

One interesting aspect of sourcing and preparing all of these images to print was the realisation of the things that I am interested in most. I haven’t really ever had the chance to evaluated my interests in such a way before so the style and subjects of the images that I was drawn to was a fascinating process. 























No comments:

Post a Comment