Saturday 17 May 2014

COP BOOK// Building The Publication In InDesign

 The layout of the publication runs throughout the book, bar the first and last spreads, which contain an introduction/ contents page and notes page respectively.

Every spread in the publication focused on one image, presented on the right or bottom page depending on your orientation of the book. The opposite page contains a title for each image and a short description as to what the image is of or my reason for including it.

The spine of the book runs along the top edge of the page. The reader can decide which way to orient the book and view its contents. This makes reading it a more dynamic event, but also gives each image the maximum amount of space on the page as possible.

The title of each page is coloured based on the image shown opposite adding another element of personalisation to the publication.

This was great fun to make surprisingly. If I had more time I would have loved to continue an make an even larger book, but I just don't have the time. One interesting dilemma that I have been facing whilst designing this publication is that InDesigns standard format layout has meant that I have had to put the who thing together sideways. I'm sure there is an option to turn the page so I could have designed everything with the spine at the top but I couldn't find it. As a result I have genuinely hurt my neck, an occupational hazard.

Below are a few images of different sections in the publication and some examples of the sort of work that I am putting into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment