Tuesday 11 February 2014

SECRET 7"// Imagery Research

 Having written my concept the following stage of this brief involves finding images that represent the bands I am looking at - as well as images which could be used as visual puns on what I want the sleeves to convey.

For Black Sabbath I am, looking at the bands identity. Ozzy is always screaming, lots of inverted crosses, lightning bolts and the use of black are the core identities for the band. My concept at this stage is to use one of these icons and layer some wrinkled skin on top to reference the ageing band. One thing that was hard to get across with this plan is that I have nothing against the fact that Ozzy’s approaching his 70’s. I want to approach this with a more celebratory manner; that people can make music at any age, than trying to make a joke. 



For T-Rex I want to use the Cold War as a reference to the era that the band operated in as well as using soviet military technology as phallic objects. I think that the Scud launcher works better for the latter but the tank is a more recognisable object, so is more suitable for as a symbol of war in that era. T Rex also has a very recognisable front man, Mark Bolan, who it would be interesting to satirise in some way, perhaps by using his hat.




No comments:

Post a Comment