Wednesday 23 April 2014

PROPAGATION HOUSE// Website Changes Made

 This post documents some of the changes I have been making to the website after I had sent my work off to Mark to look at. Above is the first change he requested, to make sure that all of the 'Facilities' tabs where the same size. I have accomplished this task by re-writing the description text so that they sit in a more balanced way on the page.


 The other change that I wanted to make myself after watching the Video was to alter the dark top bar, to liven up the site a little bit and give the page that most will land on more impact. Below is the original version that I have been working with so far.

This version perhaps goes too far the other way, the intention of this was to see how far I could push the design of the top bar. This is far enough.

This version is subtly different from the first, incorporating a slight gradient to the image, resulting in a big difference to the feel of the front page. This version also contains a logo with glowing edges. I wanted to test if the would look good with a lighting effect. I dont think that it does so this version is going to be scrapped.

This is the final version of the front page. The slight gradient is included with the addition of the original logo design. This gives a good balance of colour and tone to the front page without being overbearing, sitting nicely between the text and the nav bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment