Tuesday 22 April 2014

TO THE MOON// Planing the Publication

 From all of the research I have done now it didn't really take any time at all to come up with a layout for this publication. I did sketch out a few ideas before moving on to a final plan. Most of these earlier idea are based on the books I had been reading and researching and have posted about before.

Having  collected the images and data my plan is to find solutions of how I could fit this on a page. I have decided that each double page spread should contain; one high res image taken during the mission, one image of the spacecraft used, the missions patch, a summery of the missions time and parameters, images and info on each astronaut who flew and finally a paragraph summerising the mission itself.

Here are some sketches of the different ways I planned on arranging this information with the final plan in the middle and grid on the right. Some things that I thought about but have not included in the final design are;
- A puttout sheet full of astronaut profiles, so that each one does not have to be on a page.
- An illustrated diagram of each ship.
- Book which opens to a portrait format along the top spine.


No comments:

Post a Comment