Tuesday 29 April 2014

TO THE MOON// Cover Design 1

 I wanted to base the front cover of the Book on the physical journey to the Moon and back to Earth, which makes what could be an iconic figure of eight pattern. I am also interested in giving the cover a black boarder, which would allow for a black spine and back cover and would frame any images I use on the front cover nicely. 

 I also need to work out a way of describing the contents of the book without taking up too much space on the cover. It has to tell the reader that the book contains all of the manned space missions of the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs.
 I have also played with the idea of including a full image on the cover. I think that this could get peoples attention. However it does look a bit text-book-like when used so I may revert to a vector, Indy-magazine style cover.

 The last thing I have been looking at is this figure of eight shape, It could be used to illustrate the journey in a stylised way on the cover or in the book as a logo or identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment