Monday 28 October 2013

DHR// The DHR Snowflake

The DHR snowflake is a new idea/ avenue that I would like to go down on this DHR Greetings Card brief. The concept is to create a pattern that the globe segment of the DHR logo can be impressed upon in a stylised way. In this image I have already begun to mess with the colours of the globe within the hexagonal design.
The aim to to continue to refine and expand upon the original image until the design reflects the shape and colouration of a snowflake. Here I have started to include the arms of a snowflake by altering the tone of each segment in the smaller hexagonal shapes.
With these two images I have tried to see if the snowflake can look more or less like the globe icon found in the DHR logo.

I have also been experimenting with different combinations of colours and backgrounds for the cards. Although I believe the snowflake appears much better on white it is part of DHRs identity to use this muddy blue colour as a background for everything.

Here are a few images of the extremes of how the snowflake could be uses. Both turned out looking terrible however it is an interesting experiment to push the image to the edges of its usage.



These are the final ideas for today, with the first card on the left and a new DHR logo idea on the right. I have manages to work the letters DHR into the isometric grid that the snowflake creates. This would be great to pitch to the company if I hadn't created this as a Christmas card. Perhaps I should see how they react to my Christmas card idea before I go that far.


No comments:

Post a Comment