Thursday 3 October 2013

TYPEFACE// Testing Stage 1

So I have been whittling down the first set of characters. Many of them have come a long way from where they started but I have tried to retain a certain style; the way they were constructed by hand. At this stage I have sorted all of the characters heights and widths, a continuing process. I have also been cleaning up the type, removing notches and fixing weights. for example:
Here I have been trying to fix the weight of the 'A', I have done this by placing it within a word made up of other characters with weights I am happy with. The changes to the A are subtle however one this is done to all characters in the set the whole thing will have a much more consistency.





I have also been playing around with other words and characters to see how they fit together, testing combinations of characters to see if they do not 'fit' in certain circumstances. This will be a process which will take longer than I had anticipated...

No comments:

Post a Comment