Thursday 10 October 2013

TYPEFACE// Final

So this is what a custom font based on my handwriting and inspired by comic books would look like. The final outcome will have to be contextualised for this to really work I feel, so later on I will develop a type specimen for this to be placed in. I'm not sure if I like or dislike this work to be honest. I understand the brief and I do believe that I have completed what I set out to achieve given the time frame, however stylistically I don't think this has any role outside of what it has been designed to do. Essentially I think that this has been an interesting experiment into how I draw and construct characters on a page, as well as an interesting look into typefaces within graphic novels and comic books. Had I spent more time on this project I would have liked to develop the characters in a completely different way, going into more depth, and taking what I learn from the construction of characters in my own handwriting and applying that to a Gothic sans-serif typeface. This would have been a much more substantial undertaking.   

No comments:

Post a Comment